2012 Resident Artist Application
The online application for 2012-2013 is now closed. All applicants
will be notified of our decisions in October.
Learn more about the program
- Be residents of Allegheny County, PA.
- Not be enrolled as a full-time student in any
educational institution (high school, undergraduate or graduate studies,
- Be no younger than 18 and no older than 39 by the application
- Submit all of the following no later than Monday,
September 17, 2012:
Do not send these items via email or mail.
- Basic information
- Professional references (at least two)
- Proof of residency (in Allegheny County)
- Biographical info
- Audio clips of their music (two, no longer than 02:30 mm:ss
each. Digital files much preferred, but you may also offer links to
YouTube video). Audio recordings do not have to be professionally
produced, but they do have to be audible and clear.
How To: Audio
Two different audio clips, of no more than 2 minutes 30 seconds length
(02:30), are required for the 2012-2013 Resident Artist application.
They do NOT have to be professional quality.
- Most newer Macs, PCs, and even smartphones have a built in microphone
and software for quick audio recording. Use your own or borrow a friend's.
Record in any quiet place that's convenient for you. Just make sure your
device has enough space to save these large files.
- YouTube or Vimeo links are also accepted. Ask a friend to join you at
an upcoming gig and record your video on a smartphone. Just make sure they
record two different songs and your solo performance in each.
- The most important thing is that each recording should be brief and
clearly represent your best playing.
Questions or need help? Call or email us anytime.
“Jazz, I mean, music will always move, because it can't become
stagnant. Because if it becomes stagnant, it’s like a river, it’ll kill us all.
It has to keep moving, music will always flow.”
- Art Blakey